- make sure, you have dsm6 and dsm7 Emby (beta) package for same version. At post creation it was: 126.96.36.199
Link for lastest versions from first post: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases
- update Emby to 188.8.131.52 dsm6 package - start Emby and check if update went good - stop Emby - goto Emby share clean cache, logs, transcoding-temp (with filestation) - uninstall Emby
- update DSM to v7
- install Emby 184.108.40.206 (dsm7 version) - stop Emby - remove emby_pkg user and video group
- enable ssh in Synology settings - connect with Putty to Synology, login with admin user and get root rights with: sudo -i - copy files from old Emby share to new data location: cp -r /volume1/Emby/* /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer - adjust owner from copied files: chown -R emby:emby /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer - close putty
- add emby user and emby group to your shared media folder in Synology - start Emby
Emby should work fine now with old library/users.
As last step, you can remove the old Emby share.